On December 15th, the Department of Energy Resources (DOER) filed its proposed final version of the 225 CMR 16.00 Alternative Energy Portfolio Standard (APS) regulation with the Secretary of the Commonwealth’s Office. The official regulation is slated for publication in the State Registrar on December 29, 2017.
The filed version matches the version filed with the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities, and Energy on November 15, 2017. The final unofficial version of the regulation, as filed with the Secretary, is available here.
In addition to the regulations, the DOER provided the following final Guidelines, which will be effective on December 29, 2017:
- Guideline on Metering and Calculations – Part 1 (Formulas for Small and Intermediate Generation Units)
- Guideline on Metering and Calculations – Part 2 (Metering for Intermediate and Large Generation Units)
- Guideline on Metering and Calculations for Fuel Cell Generation Units
- Guideline on Biomass, Biogas, and Biofuels for Renewable Thermal Generation Units
- Guideline on Multipliers for Renewable Thermal Generation Units
- Massachusetts Alternative Energy Portfolio Standard Biomass Reporting Procedures
- Guideline on Reduction of Greenhouse Gases for Eligible Renewable Thermal Generation Units Using Eligible Woody Biomass
These guidelines are available on the DOER’s website here.
The DOER expects to release its new online APS Statement of Qualification Application for Renewable Thermal and Fuel Cell Generation Units by mid-January. SRECTrade will provide more information to interested stakeholders as it is made available by the DOER. Please visit our blog for continued updates.
The DOER’s announcement can be viewed here.