Throughout 2022, the three major US cell phone carriers began to retire their 3G radio bands. Many sites in the SRECTrade aggregate utilized a 3G connection to report monthly kWh production data and were unable to auto-report.
SRECTrade collaborated with Enphase Energy’s 365 Pronto Platform to provide our clients with a solution to replace their existing 3G meter with a new meter, allowing them to auto-report once again. Clients were able to purchase new meters through the 365 Pronto Platform from Fall 2021 through November 9, 2022. As of February 15, 2023, a majority of affected sites have had their meters replaced and have resumed reporting to the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center’s Production Tracking System (MA PTS).
Moving forward, clients need to ensure their site continues to report by monitoring their MA PTS accounts and checking for email communications from SRECTrade regarding their site’s data connection to MA PTS. Any inquiries regarding system performance/diagnostics need to be addressed by your system installer or another installer familiar with the on-site equipment (MA PTS installers).
- My site resumed reporting but not all production was captured while I was offline. What happens now?
- A: Unfortunately, it is possible that your system’s production will not be recovered before your new meter installation is reflected in your SRECTrade account. Unless there was another issue present with your system during mid-late 2022, you will only receive SRECs for your production that was reported successfully after your meter swap was completed.
- Why has my meter swap not been completed after purchasing a meter and installation service through the 365 Pronto Platform?
- A: The 365 Pronto Platform team has confirmed that multiple sites still have ongoing installs.
- I was cc’d on an email to PTS regarding the meter swap. Why was I included?
- A: SRECTrade has been sending meter swap notifications to MA PTS to have sites that had a recent swap be able to capture any data from between the old meter going offline and the new meter going online on the day of the swap. MA PTS prefers to have site owners included in email communications regarding their on-site meter.
- I purchased a new meter and installation service through the 365 Pronto Platform, but my site has still not resumed reporting to MA PTS. What are the next steps?
- A: If you have completed a meter swap but noticed no production reflected in MA PTS or have not been included on a meter swap email, then your meter or system is likely offline and needs troubleshooting. We recommend you check with your system’s original installer or check the list of approved installers from MA PTS to troubleshoot your system and have it resume production to MA PTS.
- My utility bill is larger than expected. What do you recommend?
- A: Most of the systems that completed a meter swap were installed 5-10 years ago. A majority of systems are built on historical usage from past utility bills and now in 2023, your energy needs may have changed. We recommend you check with your system installer to be sure your existing system still fits your energy needs.
- Still have questions?
- You can contact SRECTrade at (415) 763-7732 or send us an email.