The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER) sent an email update today (2/22/2013) with clarifications on how the DOER intends to address the approach of the 400 MW cap to the existing Solar Carve-Out program as well as a timeline for establishing a solar policy beyond the existing 400 MW Solar Carve-Out. Read the bulletin here. Currently the Massachusetts Solar Carve-Out program is limited to 400 MW of installed eligible solar capacity.
Highlights of the bulletin are:
Plans for the approach of the 400th MW
– DOER to submit a Public Notice on March 1, 2013 outlining a queuing system for SREC eligible projects as the Solar Carve-Out approaches the 400 MW cap
– Following public comment the DOER intends to firmly establish any queuing system for SREC eligible projects before the DOER Solar Credit Clearinghouse Auction in June
Plans for a solar program after the 400th MW
– DOER to present a post 400 MW policy proposal at a stakeholder meeting in March 2013 (date to be announced)
– A finalized post-400 MW policy will be adopted in April or May
SRECTrade will closely follow the development of these two DOER initiatives. Stay tuned to our blog for details as they emerge.
* Update, 2/27/2013: The DOER sent a follow up email today with a link to the proposed amendment for Solar Carve Out program. A public hearing will be held on March 22, 2013 at the Massachusetts State House in Boston in the Gardner Auditorium. The public comment period for written comments will run from March 1, 2013 to March, 25, 2013.