Massachusetts DOER is recommending that solar owners utilize aggregators for managing their SRECs. This is a smart move because it allows them to work with a small number of firms that specialize in managing SRECs rather than build the customer service capability necessary to handle all the questions that would arise if every individual solar owner in Massachusetts were to register themselves. SRECTrade will be on of a few aggregators, however we do hope to be the best! Here we will provide some more information on how the SREC registration process will work in Massachusetts:
1. Upon signing up for SRECTrade’s services, we will submit a PV Project Application to the DOER. You can find the most up-to-date registration forms on our EasyREC page.
2. The DOER will plan to process the applications within 30 days and issue a Statement of Qualification upon approval.
3. Once you have been issued a Statement of Qualification, SRECTrade will add your facility to the NEPOOL GIS tracking platform. This is where the SRECs will be created and transacted.
4. As soon as the DOER receives confirmation that your project has been authorized to interconnect by your utility provider, you will be able to begin reporting production data to the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center’s (CEC) Production Tracking System (PTS). Reporting will be done on a monthly basis and the CEC will upload data to NEPOOL GIS on a quarterly basis after verifying the accuracy of the data by checking for any out of bounds data reported. The SRECs will then be minted on the following schedule.
Quarter Generated – Date SRECs Minted
January 1st – March 31st: July 15th
April 1st – June 31st: October 15th
July 1st – September 30th: January 15th
October 1st – December 31st: April 15th
5. Since SRECs are all created once a quarter, SRECTrade will host quarterly auctions for Massachusetts SRECs. The auctions are currently set to close on the following dates:
Tentative Massachusetts SREC Auction Dates
Q1 SRECs – August 6th, 2010
Q2 SRECs – November 5th, 2010
Q3 SRECs – February 4th, 2011
Q4 SRECs – May 6th, 2011
If you or your installer has questions about this process and how SRECTrade can help you, please feel free to give us a call at (877) 466-4606. Click here for more information on the SREC program in Massachusetts.Tweet